This is a filling and refreshing salad that is great for lunch! Make extra chicken with pesto when you are making Chicken with Pesto and Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes with Roasted Acorn Squash and serve it on top of this salad for a really filling lunch. Plan ahead and order all your ingredients through the grocery delivery service so you aren't stressed.
For 8 Person(s)
Orange Mint Salad Dressing
- 1 Peeled Orange
- 2 TBSP Mint, fresh, not dried
- 3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Oz Arugula
- 1/2 Bulb Fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 for juice Lemon
- 1 sliced Avocado
- 1/4 cup Salt Brined Olives
Arugula Salad with Orange Mint Salad Dressing and Chicken with Pesto Directions
- Order your groceries through an online grocery service that is in your area by clicking on the green button on the top right if you are on a computer and on the bottom of the page if you are on a smart phone. If you like going to the grocery store use the grocery list app to get the ingredients you need to go to the store!
- Orange Mint Salad Dressing Combine the peeled orange, mint, vinegar and garlic cloves in a blender and puree. While the blender is running remove the small plastic lid within the big lid from the top and slowly drizzle in the avocado oil. You may need to cover the opening with your hand so dressing doesn’t go everywhere… lol After you get the avocado oil added pour the dressing into a jar with a lid for serving and keeping in the fridge.
- Arugula Salad For salad, place arugula in a large bowl. Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Slice the avocado while it is still in its skin and then remove the slices with a spoon. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over the avocado slices. Top arugula with thinly sliced fennel root, avocado, olives and sliced leftover chicken. If you are planning on eating this salad for lunch or the next night then you need to leave the extra avocado in the avocado skin and put the seed back in. Squeeze a little lemon juice on it and cover with the other half of the avocado skin and put it back in the fridge. It will stay in good shape.
If you are making this in combination with the Chicken with Pesto and Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes with Roasted Acorn Squash, there are two ways of thinking about this. One is you can make the salad and salad dressing while your chicken and acorn squash are roasting. So you don’t have to cook at all for the next 4 nights or the other way is you wait and make it 1 or 2 nights later and use your leftover chicken to make a simple salad.
diet gluten free lactose free